“Research is the process of going up alleys to see if they are blind.” — Marston Bates
Biology Club Student Travel Awards
Travel awards are sponsored by the Creighton University Biology Club to support student research presentations at regional or national scientific meetings. The stipends assist with the payment of registration fess, traveland accomodation costs, and other expenses incurred while presenting scientific findings.
In order to qualify for a travel stipend a student should:
- Be a registered Biology major.
- Submit the award application form at least three weeks prior to departure for the event.
- Be presenting work conducted with a Creighton Faculty mentor. (Recommended but not necessary)
- Have applied (through their Faculty mentor) for a Dean of Art and Sciences-sponsored Travel Grant. (Recommended but not necessary)
- Be willing to give a brief presentation about their research and their experiences at the meeting to the Biology Club upon returning.
All award decisions are made by the officers of the Biology Club, who will rate each application for the merit of the research and the nature of the meeting. The amounts awarded vary, and may not cover all expenses; in some cases, no stipend may be awarded.
The stipend will be given to the student or to the student's Faculty mentor before departure for the event. If for any reason the applicant is not able to attend the event, the stipend must be returned in full to the Biology Club.
Please complete and submit the application form.
Dr. Annemarie Shibata
423 Hixon-Lied Science