“The capacity to blunder slightly is the real marvel of DNA. Without this, we would still be anaerobic bacteria and there would be no music.” — Lewis Thomas
Application for Teaching Assistants
The current application window is for the summer and fall 2017 semesters
Note, however, that initial review of applications takes place before the end of this window, typically by about week 11 or earlier of the preceding semester. If in doubt about the review date, check with Dr. Cullum before applying.
- Students from any major may apply to be Biology teaching assistants. Sophomores are welcome to apply, but most students accepted are juniors and seniors.
- Successful applicants are expected to register for BIO 490 (one credit-hour course for lab TAs) or 492 (lecture TAs), one credit-hour courses relating to your work as a teaching assistant. All TAs must register for one of these courses regardless of major.
- Biology majors with two semesters of BIO 490 credit (or with BIO 490 credit for two different lab courses in one semester) may use BIO 490 in place of one of the four upper-division lab courses required for the major.
- All fields in bold should be filled in. Other fields should be completed as relevant. If you are interested in TAing an upper-division course, it is generally wise to contact the instructor to discuss the position.
- You should receive an email confirming your application. If you do not, or if you have other questions about TAships and the application process, please contact Dr. Cullum: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The department will contact you after we have reviewed the applications. Please be aware that a variety of factors, including applicants’ schedules, determines which inviduals eventually fill our available positions.
Please address questions or problems concerning this page to Dr. Cullum: email@example.com.